For many centuries, people have gained experience in herbal medicine. Phytotherapy gives excellent results in skin care. More and more women are giving up expensive cosmetics and switching to home-made beauty products that are made with their own hands only from natural ingredients. Folk remedies for herbs for wrinkles are a great alternative to beauty treatments in salons and clinics.
Healing effect of herbs
Herbal cosmetics contain most of the minerals, organic acids and other elements necessary for the proper functioning of epithelial tissues.
Cosmetologists divided the herbs into groups, taking into account the type and problems of the skin. Over 2, 000 varieties of medicinal plants are known in traditional medicine, 20 items are used in home medical cosmetics, including:
- nettle, plantain, mint are more suitable for oily skin;
- thyme, oregano, calendula are best used by women with a dry type of surface;
- parsley, dandelion, celandine have whitening properties;
- soothing, relieving inflammation will help oak bark, chamomile, calendula or string;
- rosemary with sage will get rid of wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, wrinkles on the forehead;
- linden, St. John's wort contribute to the narrowing of pores, tone the epidermis, remove oily shine;
- reviews of seaweed for facial rejuvenation - seaweed, praise its unique effect on the skin.
Rules for use at home
Infusions and decoctions of medicinal plants can save the skin from many defects and premature aging. In order for the result to be as effective as possible, it is necessary to follow several rules for their use at home, as well as to know the characteristics of a particular recipe. As a start, before applying in practice, it is important to get acquainted with the basics of phytocosmetology.
Basic recommendations for the use of medicinal plants:
- There are several ways to use facial herbs: add them to masks, for daily washing, rubbing or lotions, prepare cosmetic ice.
- The first thing you need to do is check the allergic reaction on a small part of the skin of the hand and only after making sure that it is missing, apply the product on the face.
- If you have a favorite homemade mask, you can easily improve it by replacing the liquid component (milk, juice) with a decoction of herbs.
- After a course of 10-15 herbal masks you need to take a short break and then change the composition of the product so that the skin does not "get used".
- If the plants are collected on their own, they cannot even be dried, they can still be used fresh.
- All decoction recipes are best applied immediately or a few hours after preparation.
- It is better to use glass or ceramic containers to store cosmetic formulas.
- If there are fresh scratches on the face, acne, inflammation, scars or traces of recent plastic surgery, it is better to postpone the procedure with medicinal herbs.
- It is possible to store the collected plants for two years, in a dry place, out of reach of sunlight.
To withstand any herbal mask on the face should be no more than 30 minutes. Because all useful plants are biologically active for only half an hour.
Regular use of folk beauty recipes will help to achieve excellent results. So masks for oily skin are best used twice a week, and for dry skin - once. For prevention, it is enough to make an herbal mask once every ten days.
Advantages of medical cosmetics
The contribution of plants to skin rejuvenation is enormous. Many factors contribute to this:
- naturalness, environmental friendliness of the components;
- deep action of masks, decoctions;
- the richness, variety of plants allows you to choose the right recipe for each type;
- slows down aging, intensely moisturizes, gives elasticity, healthy color, it is possible without fear for the health of the body, avoiding irritation, inflammation;
- Medicinal herbs are absorbed by the cells 100%, unlike cosmetics with chemical components.
The second name of this herb for youth is oregano. The plant contains biologically active substances, essential oil, ascorbic acid. Oregano cleanses, refreshes the complexion, smoothes wrinkles, relieves inflammation. The plant stimulates the production of collagen, a protein responsible for skin elasticity. Oregano is a good antiseptic, so its decoction is used for acne, microcracks or wounds.
Recipes to combat skin aging:
- Pour 10 g of oregano with 400 ml of boiling water, cook in a water bath for 10 minutes. Cool, strain. Use the liquid as a thermal water, tonic, detergent.
- In 50 ml of the decoction prepared according to the above recipe, add 5 ml of grape seed oil and 8 drops of vitamin A. Pour the liquid into ice cube trays, freeze. Wipe the skin with cubes in the evening.
- Pour 5 g of crushed oregano with 100 ml of alcohol. Insist the mixture for 2 weeks in a dark place. This remedy cures inflammation and acne by enriching antiseptic ointments or tonics. Not used in its pure form.
- Mix 5 ml of oregano infusion (recipe above), 50 ml of chamomile decoction, 4 drops of sandalwood essential oil. Wipe your face with a tonic in the morning and evening. Relieves inflammation, whitens the skin, strengthens thin blood vessels.
When to use and contraindications
Herbs can be used to combat deficiencies:
- inflammation, acne;
- multiple age spots;
- the formation of new wrinkles;
- excessive dryness, peeling skin
- allergic reactions, itching, redness;
- puffiness, bruising in the eye area;
- oily shine, matte color of the epidermis.
There are several contraindications to the use of herbal cosmetics:
- individual allergy to the drug;
- diseases related to the circulatory system, oncology;
- postoperative condition (presence of fresh wounds).
Herbs for facial wrinkles
The desired effect in combating the signs of skin aging can be achieved by daily washing with herbal infusions.
In addition, washing can achieve several results at once:
- cleaning from sweat and greasy secretions, dust and dirt particles;
- remove acne, relieve inflammation, narrow pores;
- tones the skin.
What you need to know about the preparation and use of tonic for washing:
- prepare a product of water or alcohol: water tonic is stored no more than two days, alcohol - up to two weeks;
- use herbs: chamomile, sage, parsley, celandine; nettle, St. John's wort, green tea;
- natural vegetable juices - aloe, citrus fruits, cucumbers;
- the tonic should not be washed off;
- use the drug every day in the evening and in the morning.
Recipes that will restore the youth and beauty of the face
Cleansing, replenishing the water balance of the cells will help a tonic based on lime blossom. You need 2 tablespoons of flowers, pour 250 ml of boiling water, cover the dish, strain after half an hour. Wipe the skin in the morning and evening.
Exclusively for cleansing oily skin, use 1 teaspoon of a complex of herbs (marigold flowers, wheatgrass, violets) and 1 tbsp. chamomile, which is poured boiling water (0, 5 liters). The next day, wipe the problem areas with a decoction. The tool will remove impurities, refresh the skin.
A mask of aloe juice and oatmeal will help get rid of wrinkles around the eyes. Mix the ingredients in a ratio of 2: 1, apply the mixture in a thin layer for 10 minutes. Remove the rest with a cotton swab.
Another tried and tested version of the rejuvenation mask is prepared from nettle leaf pulp, St. collection of 0, 5 liters of liquid. Pour the product for about 3 hours, grind to a homogeneous consistency (if possible), then spread the mass on cleansed skin. Wash off the residue after half an hour.
To restore a healthy glow, the elasticity of the epidermis will help a mask of mint and green tea (1 tablespoon of each component). Pour the mixture with boiling water for a while. Then squeeze the water (can be used as a tonic, ice base), place the herbs themselves on the surface. After 15 minutes, remove the slurry.
If you still do not trust the rejuvenating power of herbs, then we recommend that you study the information about pharmaceuticals for the face, perhaps the methods of traditional medicine are more suitable for you.
The plant is rich in antioxidants and biologically active substances that smooth wrinkles and remove age spots. Decoction of sage slows the aging process, tones, softens and refreshes the skin, regulates the sebaceous glands. The plant also helps get rid of acne, acne and rosacea - dilated capillaries on the face. The herb is suitable for any type of healthy or problem skin.
Methods of preparation and use:
- Decoction for washing. Pour 1, 5 tsp sage 1 cup boiling water and then let the mixture simmer in a water bath for 20-30 minutes. Strain the liquid, cool. Wash your face with a decoction in the morning after a thorough cleansing of the skin.
- Massage mixture. Mix 5 ml of base oil and 2 drops of sage essential oil. Perform active skin movements from the middle of the forehead to the temples, from the chin and wings of the nose to the ears, then counterclockwise around the eyelids. On the same lines make taps, taps, pressure.
- Cosmetic ice for toning. Pour 7 g of sage herb and 1 g of chamomile flowers in 120 ml of hot water (not boiling). Infuse the product for 1 hour in an airtight container. Add 3 drops of sage essential oil. Stir, strain. Pour into molds, send in the freezer. Wipe your face with an ice cube along the lines of lymph flow in the morning and evening.
This is what you need to know when rejuvenating with herbs!
- Some herbs are allergens. Before using a cosmetic product, do a trial test.
- For cosmetic purposes, use plants purchased at a pharmacy (its quality is guaranteed) or collected in proven, environmentally friendly areas.
- Investigate the characteristics, properties of each component, they should be aimed at solving the problem, according to the type of surface.
- Prepare decoctions for a maximum of 3 days of use, store porridge mixtures for no more than 2 days.
- To achieve a greater effect, do not forget to include anti-aging foods in your daily diet, do massage, facial exercises.
- Washing with a decoction after an energy massage of the face contributes to the rapid saturation of cells with nutrients, activates processes, including the production of collagen and elastin fibers.
- Cosmetic herbal ice effectively moisturizes and nourishes epithelial cells. Learn more about making recipes for an ice miracle here.
This anti-aging herb is used in Ayurveda, Indian folk medicine. Dried roots and stems, loose powder or extract in capsules are suitable for rejuvenation. When ingested, buzzard removes toxins, heals the liver, strengthens the immune system, improves metabolism - metabolism. When applied topically, it relieves acne, tones and soothes the skin.
- Cucumber face mask - useful properties and step by step recipes for cooking at home with a photo
- Echinacea purpurea
- Herbs to increase potency in men
Buzzing powder in capsules is sold in Ayurvedic stores. The second name of the plant is giloy. Take as directed, usually 1 tablet (0. 5-1 g) twice daily with warm water, honey or ghee. Capsule powder is added to masks, scrubs, but ingestion is preferable.
The benefits of cucumber for the skin
Cucumber is a natural nourishing face serum rich in vitamins. Due to its high water content, cucumber is considered a natural absorbent, moisturizer and storehouse of vitamins (B1, B2, ascorbic acid, K, iodine, sulfur). That is why this heavy ingredient is used in cosmetology. The benefits of cucumber for the skin:
- has a rejuvenating and regenerating effect;
- improves turgor;
- has a positive effect on metabolic processes;
- removes dark circles under the eyes;
- relieves puffiness;
- removes age spots.
If you need to get rid of dark circles around the eyes, remove age spots, cheer up or refresh, you should use cucumber for the face in the form of slices or circles. If facial skin is at risk of dehydration, then a mask based on grated cucumber or cucumber juice, oatmeal, cottage cheese will always come to the rescue.
How to get rid of the first facial wrinkles with cosmetics
The market of cosmetic products in the modern world is full of different names, among which you can most often hear the following: creams, oils, gels, masks, serums and balms. Each of them has its own mechanism of action. In total, three major groups can be distinguished:
- Hyaluronic acid preparations are mainly used for moisturizing and are a way to prevent wrinkles. The molecules of such products are so large that they are not able to penetrate deep into the dermis, but can moisturize it well and protect it from dehydration.
- Products containing collagen and elastin are excellent for rejuvenation.
- Peptide-containing products consist mainly of peptide-linked amino acid molecules. Each of them has its own structure. In everyday life, they are called "target signal peptides" because they can prohibit the transmission of nerve impulses to the facial muscles, begin the synthesis of mucopolysaccharides, collagen, etc. As a result of using such agents muscles relax completely, collagen fibersrestructure and the effect of tightening the contour is obtained.
How do folk remedies work?
Let's find out how folk remedies for the treatment of facial wrinkles work. Main action:
- Moisturizing. Loss of moisture and excessive dryness is one of the main causes of facial expressions. Natural oils, dairy products, fresh vegetables and fruits have a moisturizing effect.
- Nutrition. Supplemental intake of vitamins, minerals and amino acids maintains healthy skin. Oils, fruits, berries, greens, egg yolk have a nourishing effect.
- Lifting effect. Over time, the skin not only wrinkles, but also begins to sag. To tighten the skin with folk methods it is recommended to use egg white, starch, gelatin.
- Eliminate swelling. Swellings often form under the eyes, masks with raw potatoes and parsley are recommended to remove them.
Remove wrinkles around the lips
Vertical wrinkles around the mouth usually appear later than other facial wrinkles. But they make the face look older. The best thing is that do not wait for the appearance of wrinkles, and start making masks prophylactically.
- With pumpkin seeds.You will need to clean the raw pumpkin seeds and grind them in a blender until smooth. For one tablespoon of crushed seeds take 10 ml of castor oil and almond oil. Rub everything. Apply a thick layer on the area around the lips for half an hour.
- Starch.You will need dry potato or cornstarch. One tablespoon of this product will need to be mixed with vegetable oil. It is preferable to take flaxseed, but you can use any other unrefined. To make it easier to mix the starch with the oil, pour it literally drop by drop, stirring well. The result should be a thick mixture with the consistency of toothpaste. Apply the finished "paste" on the area around the lips for half an hour.
- With sauerkraut.You need to grind the cabbage in a blender until you get a homogeneous puree. Add a teaspoon of unrefined vegetable oil to a tablespoon of mashed cabbage. Spread the resulting mass on the problem area for twenty minutes.
- With peas.Two types of masks are prepared from peas. For the first option dry peas are used, for the second fresh or fresh frozen green peas are used. The first version of the mask is prepared as follows: dry peas are ground in a coffee grinder to a state of flour. Pour a spoonful of the resulting product with a small amount of hot milk to make a thick mass. Add 5 ml of cosmetic oil (any) to the cooled mass. Apply the mixture for a quarter of an hour. The second version of the mask is even easier to prepare. Grind fresh peas into a puree and mix with thick sour cream in a ratio of one to one. If freshly frozen product is used, it should be allowed to thaw. Canned green peas can not be used to prepare a rejuvenating mask.
- Apple.Fresh apple is used to prepare this composition. It should be peeled and grated on a fine grater. On a tablespoon of apple puree take a teaspoon of liquid honey, grind. Apply in twenty minutes.
- Cottage cheese.For this composition you need fresh cottage cheese, ideally home-made. Mix one tablespoon of cottage cheese with one tablespoon of freshly made carrot juice. If the curd was dry and the mass turned out to be thick, add a little kefir or sour cream. Apply the mixture on the skin around the lips for thirty minutes.
The composition includes: 1 tbsp. spoon of natural yogurt, 2 tablespoons of banana puree, half a teaspoon of honey or olive oil.
Mix all ingredients in a homogeneous mass and apply for 15-20 minutes on face. Remove the mask with cosmetic wipes and rinse the residue with water.
With chickpea flour
You will need: 1 tbsp. spoon of chickpea flour, 100 g of water, 1 tbsp. spoon of olive oil, half a teaspoon of oil solution of vitamin E, 1 egg yolk.
How beauty salons offer to get rid of facial wrinkles
Modern cosmetology pleases us with modern techniques. Some of the anti-aging methods are found in almost every salon. The following is a list of the most common:
The object of impact is not the eyes and the area around them, but directly the cheekbones. All manipulations are performed along their line. Still, grinding is considered the best of all available methods. But this operation has one global disadvantage: it, unfortunately, seriously damages the skin. For a quality result it is necessary to perform this procedure in a good salon of reliable equipment. From the above we can conclude that it is not worth considering the best option for grinding.
also performed on the cheekbones. It is true that there is one caveat here: this operation is absolutely individual. And only a qualified specialist can do it.
Stimulates cells to regenerate faster by exposing them to flashes of pulsed light. Collagen and elastin are also beginning to be produced more productively. The effectiveness is obvious - the tone is evened out and wrinkles are smoothed.
The basis of this procedure is the introduction of products with hyaluronic acid into the subcutaneous space, which makes it possible to get rid of wrinkles and helps to forget about their existence for some time.
One thing unites all the proposed methods - a visible result in a short time. But everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. The main disadvantage, perhaps, can be considered their high cost. And given that a full course is needed, such rejuvenation can significantly affect the family budget.
Reasons for the appearance
The face is the most exposed part of the body, so the skin in this area is exposed to negative influences on a daily basis. Therefore, even in people who are restrained in the manifestation of feelings, the appearance of facial wrinkles is inevitable. Initially, an inconspicuous network appears, after which the wrinkles deepen.
The causes of facial wrinkles can be divided into internal and external. Tointernal factorscan be attributed to:
- Physiological aging. This process is natural and inevitable.
- Activefacial expressions. This factor can be controlled. Of course, it is impossible not to use facial expressions at all, but the habit of wrinkling your forehead or narrowing your eyes must be unlearned.
- Sudden weight loss.It is advisable to control your weight and try to avoid sudden weight gain.
- Bad habits. It is well known that smokers develop wrinkles earlier.
- Impactenvironment. Many factors negatively affect the condition of the skin - wind, poor water quality, polluted and too dry air, frost, ultraviolet rays.
- Climate characteristics. Living in areas that are too hot or too cold increases the risk of early wrinkle formation.
To reduce the negative impact of external factors, you should try to protect your skin. Use creams with an ultraviolet filter, protect the skin from frost and wind.
Fish oil - a natural nourishment of facial skin
Fish oil is an indispensable folk remedy. Helps to improve the appearance and enrich with a full range of vitamins, which is rich in fish oil. It is used not only for the preparation of masks, but also for internal use, so all toxins and toxins that cause acne are removed from the body. Fish oil for face and its benefits:
- Suitable for every skin type;
- ideal component for young girls and older women;
- effectively smoothes wrinkles;
- nourishes facial skin;
- helps to improve the appearance;
- normalizes hormonal levels and metabolic processes;
A popular recipe for a mask is prepared on the basis of capsule fish oil, so it is enough to arm yourself with a syringe and completely withdraw the contents of the capsule and then apply a thin layer of fat on problem areas (forehead, chin, eyes).
How else can you fight wrinkles: effective ways to get rid of and smooth facial skin
Use milk not only as a component of various cosmetic products, but also for washing. Of course, this applies to natural milk, not powder. Dilute the milk with hot water in equal proportions and wash your face. Then remove excess fluid from the face and apply a nourishing cream. This procedure should be performed at night.
In addition to creams, masks, scrubs, use various herbal infusions and decoctions (chamomile, parsley, bay leaf) for washing. You can also make ice from these decoctions and wipe your face with it.
It is not enough to use only external means to fight wrinkles. Healthy and young skin depends on many factors.
- Drink enough water (at least two liters a day). As we said, skin aging begins when it begins to lose moisture. But moisture is needed not only on the skin but also on all internal organs. In addition, if there is not enough fluid for the kidneys, liver, heart, etc. - more important objects from the point of view of the body - then it will take this fluid primarily from the skin. So we repeat: drink more fluids, let it be enough for everyone, do not force your body to choose who needs it more.
- Eat right. Your diet needs to be balanced.
- Get some sleep. Lack of sleep primarily affects the face. Sleep in a cool room with fresh air.
- Smoking and alcohol also age faster.
- Be more outdoors, lead an active lifestyle (while not forgetting to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun, wind, heat and frost).
All these simple rules will help you keep your skin young for a long time.